Home Owners Insurance


Employment practices liability coverage is critical in protecting your insureds from the potentially catastrophic costs of employment litigation. Most people would never consider dropping fire insurance, but today the chances of being sued by an employee are even greater than the chances of having a fire.

The following questions can help you assess your insurance needs. Your current policy may limit or exclude coverage in some of these instances:

1. Do you own any of the following: Antiques? Fine arts? Paintings? Guns? Jewelry? Furs? Silverware? Personal computers? Musical instruments? Cameras? Camera equipment? Valuable sporting equipment? Coin or stamp collections? Collectibles such as unique dishes, figurines?

2. Would you like your personal property to be covered for its replacement value rather than being depreciated for age and use in the event of a loss?

3. Would you like Special Form coverage for your personal property (“All Risk” instead of Named Perils)?

4. Do you frequently have over $100 cash in your possession?

5. Do you frequently have business property at your house or in your possession?

6. Do you have a burglar or fire alarm? Smoke detectors?

7. Have you remodeled your home? Do you plan to in the future?

8. If you own a condominium, have you made any additions or alterations to the premises?

9. If you rent, have you made any additions or alterations?

10. Would you be interested in a coverage that would guarantee that your home would be rebuilt even if the cost was greater than the limit of your coverage?

11. Do you plan to build or buy a new home or mobile home in the coming year?

12. Do you own a second home, mountain cabin, or farm property?

13. Do you own any rental or investment property? Do you have coverage for the loss of rental income if this property becomes uninhabitable?

14. Do you own a boat, motorbike, ATV, snowmobile, golf cart, jet ski or other recreational vehicles?

15. Do you have an office in your home?

16. Do you conduct any business or give lessons at your residence?

17. Do you conduct any shows such as Tupperware, Mary Kay, or Amway?

18. Do you provide any type of child care?

19. Do you provide any type of Bed and Breakfast accommodations?

20. Are you engaged in any form of farming or ranching?

21. Do you rent any of your land for farming or ranching?

22. Would you like a quotation on an Umbrella policy that would increase both your auto and homeowners liability by $1,000,000 or more?

Home Insurance

Homeowners Insurance protects homeowners against the many risks associated with owning property. A homeowners insurance policy provides financial coverage for losses or damages caused by theft, accidents, and some natural disasters such as fires. Virtually all mortgage companies require borrowers to have insurance coverage for the full value of a property and won’t make a loan or finance a residential real estate transaction without proof of it.

Areas of protection include:

 Structural Cover

 Personal Belongings


 Additional Living Expenses

Theft, weather damage, and fires are a few of the most common reasons as to why people make claims.

Why you need a Homeowners Insurance Policy
Theft: During 2013, law enforcement made an estimated 1,559,284 arrests for property crimes according to the latest FBI statistics.
Weather Damage: In 2014, winter storms alone caused an estimated $2.3 billion in insured losses according to the National Weather Service.
Fire: A home structure fire was reported every 85 seconds in the U.S. in 2014 according to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association).

Condominium Insurance

One of the main differences between homeowners and condo insurance is how much the policy needs to protect. When you own a home, you are responsible for both the inside and outside — including the land, garage and any other structures on the property. However, when you own a condo, you’re typically only responsible for the interior of your unit and your personal property. While your condo association has its own insurance policy, that does not cover your own personal property and/or liability. Condominium insurance can cover all of your personal items (even when you are not at home) and your personal liability in the event that someone is injured on your property. Contact one of our agents today to make sure your insurance is right for you.

You can further protect yourself and your guests by selecting the right amount of Medical Payments Coverage which will pay for medical expenses incurred by a visitor who is injured at your residence regardless of fault.

We also offer Optional Loss Assessment Coverage which protects you against certain assessments that may be levied by the association. You would be compensated for additional living expenses incurred should you need to vacate your condo after a covered loss.

Let AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency help you find the right amount of coverage to suit your insurance needs.

Call us today at (610) 869-4065.

Renters Insurance

There are many inexpensive insurance options that make sense for renters. For a low monthly payment, you can protect all of your earthly possessions- even when you are not at home! If you have another policy, such as auto insurance, we can bundle them together for additional savings. There may also be additional discounts such as burglar alarm credits as well. Ask an AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency agent today for more information.

Why not protect all of the things that you worked so hard for?  Peace of Mind Is Just a Click Away!

Let AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency help you find the right amount of coverage to suit your insurance needs.

Call us today at (610) 869-4065.

Landlord Insurance

Landlord protection liability insurance options protect you and/or your family against personal injury, wrongful eviction, or wrongful entry as well as other non-bodily injury claims such as libel and slander. As a landlord, you want insurance that is tailored specifically to protect you and your rental properties. Rental property can be a great investment if you are adequately covered.

Let AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency help you find the right amount of coverage to suit your insurance needs.

Call us today at (610) 869-4065.

Flood Insurance

Almost anywhere it rains, it can flood. In the United States floods are the number 1 natural disaster. Even if you live in an area that you think is not at risk, preparation is just as critical as it is with other types of emergencies. In fact, over 20% of all National Flood Insurance Program flood insurance claims are from people outside of mapped high-risk flood areas.

It is important to note that flood damage is not covered by your homeowners or renters’ insurance. There are specialized flood insurance programs. that we can discuss with you.

Let AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency help you find the right amount of coverage to suit your insurance needs.

Call us today at (610) 869-4065.

Pet Insurance

Like with human health insurance, pet insurance providers alleviate some of the costs of keeping your pet healthy. Some plans cover basic scenarios like accidents and injuries, some only cover accidents, and others include injury, accident and illness, as well as genetic/hereditary conditions.

Accident-only coverage is the most affordable, followed by accident and illness coverage is more expensive, and the most expensive plans include wellness care and even death-related expenses. So, the more comprehensive the coverage, the higher you can expect the monthly premium to be.

You can choose from different levels of coverage, with each plan costing a monthly or annual premium based on how much coverage you choose. Many plans have a deductible, a certain amount you must pay out of pocket before coverage kicks in. Depending on your policy, this could be anywhere from $0 to $2,500 in a plan year. Typically, higher-deductible plans will yield lower monthly premiums. In large, pet insurance is a matter of reimbursement, and rates are based on your pet’s age and breed.  

We represent several carries with plans to fit you and your pets needs.

Umbrella Insurance

Umbrella Insurance is extra liability insurance that goes above and beyond the limits of the insured’s property, vehicle, business, or watercraft insurance. It can protect you against some lawsuits not covered by your other insurance policies. One example would be if you were sued over an accident involving a boat that you rented while vacationing in Europe. It also provides coverage for some claims that may be excluded by other liability policies including, but not limited to: false arrest, libel, slander, and liability coverage on any rental units that you may own.

The more that your assets increase or the more income that you accrue, the more likely it is that you would benefit from an umbrella insurance policy.

There are many money saving discounts that are available if you are already have other insurance policies with AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency. The cost of an umbrella policy depends on how much underlying insurance you have and the kind of risk you represent. The greater the underlying liability coverage, the less expensive the policy will be since you would be less likely to need the additional insurance. An umbrella policy is the absolute best buy in the insurance business. It can cost as little as $150 to $200 for the first $1 million of coverage, then about $100 for each additional $1 million.

Let AIA-Yerkes Insurance Agency help you find the right amount of coverage to suit your insurance needs.

Call us today at (610) 869-4065.